Much progress has been made since my last update. My ultimate plan for it works so far flawlessly which includes using PHP and SQL for storing the data. There's still a few things that need to be worked out however.
1. Enemy data gets stored currently in the same database as Actors. Having them get stored in their own databases will look a bit cleaner.
2. Average damage for skills will probably require a third database for storing just the skill damage so I can use the average method and return that data back into the actor/enemy database tables.
3. A how to use manual will have to be written as setting this up requires a bit of advanced knowledge. I shall try and keep the manual as easy to understand as possible.
Here's some advantages to doing it this way:
1. The client will not suffer any major performance drop as calculations and data storing is handled server side.
2. You will not have to ask your testers/game players to send a text file to you.
3. It is much cleaner i.e you can view just one actor at a time vs every one at the same time.
4. It should in theory work for any number of testers/game players. Meaning you can collect a massive amount of data all added together for you to better understand whats being used and whats not.